Mistigris computer arts

Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Instagram photo by Cthulu • Jul 12, 2016 at 1:16pm UTC

No one has ever shaded an ANSI art logo quite like this, and the piece contains its own explanation. (I’ve always sided with the idea that it was put together using nonstandard ANSI tools on an Amiga, hence it would naturally be a little offbeat, but that could be pure speculation on my part.) It was drawn by Sentience and used in infofiles for our November 1996 artpack collection, and … there is really nothing else quite like it.

Edited to add: Sentience explains some of the reasoning behind his ANSIs’ non-standard appearance!
I programmed my own ansi editor in Blitz Basic for the Amiga. I could set the cursor position with a mouse! I added a color picker with the halftones. Eventually I put in the ability to load up a bitmap to trace over.. But that got me in trouble and truncated my visit to ANSIland.
Anyways, things always looked a little different because the colors were slightly non standard and the DOS font slightly off.

Instagram photo by Cthulu • Jul 12, 2016 at 1:16pm UTC

No comments:

Post a Comment