Mistigris computer arts

Thursday, October 25, 2018

Mistigram: I haven’t given up on @judebuffumpixels’...



Mistigram: I haven’t given up on @judebuffumpixels’ #blocktober2018 daily pixelart challenge quite yet, though my entries are consigned to be playing catch-up through, likely, the first week of November.  Item #21 on the hit list was “Evil #Scarecrow” – willingly ignoring the “evil” (imagine a set of sinister eyebrows if you must), I figured I might have just about enough #ANSIart skill at this point to take on the hopping hero from the #StudioGhibli adaptation of #HowlsMovingCastle.  While previously I’ve approached these daily challenges as mandatory tasks, impossible feats to confront and be wearily defeated by or unsatisfyingly sidestepped, strangely with this challenge I began to find myself enjoying the process, not just getting it over with or getting it out of the way but lingering over it and experiencing a certain degree of satisfaction and creative fulfilment in the doing.  Wasn’t expecting that! Apologies for the cropping - it’s a tall, thin character design and ansis are taller than they are wide (80 cols) … but Instagram demands square aspect ratios. So you get weird letterboxed framing. https://ift.tt/2qbtX3D



via Tumblr https://ift.tt/2O6mrkb

No comments:

Post a Comment