Mistigris computer arts

Thursday, November 15, 2018

Mistigram: I began creeping @lornhuggins because she posted a...



Mistigram: I began creeping @lornhuggins because she posted a specimen of ANSI art she had drawn and I was hoping that there might be a second. This hope proved unfounded, but as a firm believer in the power of Dada’s found #readymade, was prepared to accept as a substitute this photo of some poor critter who had inadvertently gotten dashed to bits after making its home unawares in the small space between loaded storage boxes in a giant pile. I was struck by its inevitable resonance with American founding father Ben Franklin’s iconic #JoinOrDie piece of revolutionary propaganda, and in the MIST1016 artpack it went.
I draw the line at snuff, but felt that the tiny mundane tragedy could at least be partially mitigated by being transformed into art (but please don’t go deliberately extirpating any more snakes just to cater to my curatorial urge.) https://ift.tt/2QMEdLq



via Tumblr https://ift.tt/2zaQJxw

No comments:

Post a Comment